Travel Information is available on this page to help you get to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital,
Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 8XQ
Useful Link: Hospital Site Maps
Travelling on Foot or by Bike
The Hospital is approximately two miles from the Town Centre. There are walking and cycling routes including on quieter or residential roads. There are plenty of cycle parking facilities at the site, many of them created in partnership with Cycle Shrewsbury. A walking and cycling map is available from the Travel Shropshire website.
Travelling by Public Transport
The nearest bus stops for the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital are:
1. On the hospital site by the main outpatient entrance – the Shrewsbury Town bus service (No. 1 Arriva Service from Shrewsbury Bus Station) calls here
2. Adjacent to the hospital site on Mytton Oak Road - several county bus services stop here, including:
- 74 Shrewsbury-Ford-Llanymynech-Llanfyllin
- 553 Shrewsbury-Bishop's Castle via Hanwood, Pontesbury, Minsterley and Lydham - provided by Minsterley Motors (www.minsterleymotors.co.uk)
- 558 Shrewsbury-Montgomery via Chirbury, Worthen and Yockleton - provided by Tanat Valley Coaches (www.tanat.co.uk).
- X75 Shrewsbury-Rhayadar via Ford, Welshpool, Newtown, Caersws, Llandinam and Llanidloes - provided by Celtic Travel (www.celtic-travel.co.uk).
More information about bus services is available from www.travelshropshire.co.uk
Shrewsbury Train Station is situated in the centre of Shrewsbury.
It is approximately three minutes walk (200 metres) to Shrewsbury Bus Station (see above). It is approximately 15 minutes drive (two miles) to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital. Taxis are available from outside the station.
Trains from all over the country, including Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and Powys, stop at Shrewsbury Train Station:
- Cambrian Line to Welshpool, Newtown, Caersws and stations to Aberystwyth & Pwllheli
- Chester/Wrexham/Shrewsbury line to Gobowen, Chirk and stations to Chester & Holyhead
- Crewe-Shrewsbury line to Yorton, Wem, Prees, Whitchurch and stations to Crewe & Manchester
- Marches Line to Church Stretton, Ludlow and Hereford.
- Shrewsbury-Wolverhampton line to Wellington, Telford, Shifnal, Cosford, Albrighton and stations to Wolverhampton, Birmingham and London
- Trains from Telford station can take approximately 20-25 minutes
For further information on trains and timetables please visit the National Rail Enquiries website or the Arriva Trains website.
Useful Public Transport Websites
Shropshire Council's Travel Shropshire website provides useful information about travel and transport in and around Shrewsbury.
- Traveline Midlands
Traveline Midlands provides information from travel operators and local authoriites in the West Midlands about public transport (bus, coach, train) in the region.
Tel: 0871 200 22 33 (use the code 86 when you hear the greeting message to be put straight through to West Midlands travel advice)
- Traveline Cymru Wales
Traveline Cymru Wales provides information from travel operators and local authoriites in Wales about public transport (bus, coach, train) in the region.
Tel: 0871 200 22 33 (use the code 4 when you hear the greeting message to be put straight through to Cymru Wales travel advice)
Arriva Trains Wales is the main operator for train services to and from Shrewsbury railway station.
National Rail Enquiries
National Rail Enquiries is the official source of information about train times in the UK.
Arriva Buses provides local bus services including the No 1 bus service that visits the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.
Minsterley Motors operates the 553 Shrewsbury-Bishop's Castle Bus Service.
Tanat Valley Coaches
Tanat Valley Coaches operates the 558 Shrewsbury-Montgomery bus service.
Travelling by Car
Directions by road to our hospitals are available below or our Getting To Us page includes a journey planner where you can find directions from a location of your choice.
Car Parking charges apply in all our car parks. More information is available on the Car parking page.
The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital is conveniently located near the A5-B4386 junction on the west of Shrewsbury. From this roundabout follow signs to Shrewsbury and the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital. The hospital is located 0.8 miles ahead on your left via a small roundabout.
From the East (Birmingham M6)
- at Junction 10a join the M54 (signposted North & Mid Wales, Telford )
- at Junction 7 the M54 becomes the A5
- at first roundabout (Junction with A49) take 1st exit (signposted North Wales, Oswestry)
- at next roundabout (Junction with A5064/B4380) take 2nd exit (stay on A5)
- at next roundabout (Junction with A49/A5112) take 3rd exit (stay on A5)
- at next roundabout (Junction with A488 ) take 2nd exit (stay on A5)
- at next roundabout (Junction with B4386) take 3rd exit on to B4386 (signposted Shrewsbury and Royal Shrewsbury Hospital)
- Royal Shrewsbury Hospital main entrance is 0.8 miles ahead on your left via a small roundabout.
From the North West
- follow the A483 past Wrexham
- follow signs for Oswestry (stay on the A483)
- from the A483 follow signs to Shrewsbury joining the A5 southbound
- as you approach Shrewsbury you will reach the A458 roundabout - take the 2nd exit (stay on A5)
- at the next roundabout (junction with B4386) take the first exit onto B4386 (signposted Shrewsbury and Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
- Royal Shrewsbury Hospital main entrance is 0.8 miles ahead on your left via a small roundabout
From Welshpool, Newtown and the West (A458)
- as you approach Shrewsbury you will reach the A5 roundabout - take the 3rd exit on to A5 southbound
- at the next roundabout (Junction with B4386) take 1st exit on to B4386 (signposted Shrewsbury and Royal Shrewsbury Hospital)
- Royal Shrewsbury Hospital main entrance is 0.8 miles ahead on the left via a small roundabout