Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust have designated car parking facilities for patients and visitors. Our hospitals are very busy, so please allow plenty of time before your appointment to park.
Daily Charges at RSH and PRH
0 to 30mins
30mins to 2hrs
2hrs to 5hrs
5hrs to 24hrs
Payment is on exit at one of the one-site machines located in the exits of the hospital. Patients and Visitors can pay by cash, debit and credit card. Please note that the machines do not give change but we do have change machines located near to the payment machines.
Payment can also be made on-line up to midnight on the day of the visit to the hospital site by logging on to SaTH Parking.
You should pay at the end of your visit to hospital. The system is simple to use:
- Input three consecutive digits from your registration number. The machine will display an image of your vehicle and ask you to confirm it is yours.
- It will then calculate the payment required based upon the time you have been on site.
- The pay machines do not give change. They accept 10p, 20p, 50p, £1.00 and £2.00 coins.
You can also pay by debit or credit card or by telephone or on-line before midnight on the day you attend the hospital site
If you are making multiple visits to the same hospital during a 24-hour period you have the option of selecting “daily rate” and you will pay no more than £3.50 for that day, rather than paying the “hourly rate” each time you attend. Please note that this period begins and ends at 12am, not 24 hours from when you arrive.
Staying over a long period?
If you have stayed for over 24 hours or have left a vehicle at one of our sites for a longer period of time (this may be the case if a patient is transferred from one site to another), then please speak to a member of staff. Our car parking team have a “whitelist” to ensure that vehicles where this is the case don’t get fined. Please note that the car has to be added to the list within 48 hours of arrival, so please speak to a member of staff about this as soon as possible.
You are still required to purchase and display a valid parking ticket, but you may be eligible for full or partial reimbursement of your travel costs. Please visit our Help With Travel Costs page for more information.
Remember to display your blue badge wherever you park.
The car parks are patrolled by attendants from 7.00 am to 7.00 pm Monday to Friday and 10.00 am to 4.00 pm Saturday and Sunday.
They will assist you if you experience difficulties with the pay machines, finding your way into the hospital, helping to find assistance if your car should breakdown whilst in the car park and finding an available parking space.
Concession tickets – 10 visit concession – £8.00
For patients on long term treatment plans or visitors of patients expected to be in hospital for more than 3 days, you can download a form to apply for concession tickets. These are also from the Ward/Department and parking booth. The forms must be signed by a member of the Ward/Department and then taken to the Parking Booths for processing. These tickets are valid for a maximum of 12 weeks. The 10-visit ticket costs £8 and gives a significant saving on the cost of each visit.
Patients receiving Renal dialysis twice a week or more at RSH – FREE
If you are driving yourself in for Haemodialysis two or three times per week then free parking is available. The departments delivering this treatment will guide you through the process for getting free parking.
Patients receiving Outpatient treatment for cancer – FREE
Patients receiving day case outpatient treatment in the O’Connor Oncology unit can claim free parking. To do this, give your registration details to the desk as you book in for your appointment.
Bereavement – FREE
People visiting the hospital for issues connected with bereavement [e.g. collection of certificates, visits to the mortuary] also qualify for free parking. Normally these visits take less then the 30 minute grace period but should the visit extend the free period the vehicle details will be taken by PALS and passed to the Car Park Department for entering onto the system.
- All vehicles must be parked within the marked bays only.
- No parking on double yellow lines or yellow cross-hatched boxes.
- No parking on the grass.
- Only holders of a blue registered disabled badge are allowed to park in the designated disabled parking spaces. They must display their blue badge and are still required to pay on exit.
- Any vehicle parked on the Trust’s sites that causes an obstruction for emergency vehicles risks being damaged and will be issued with a Parking Charge Notice.
- The owner of any vehicle that causes damage to Trust property will be liable for the full cost of repair/reinstatement of the damaged property.
- Anyone who parks in breach of the rules is liable to be issued, without warning, with a Parking Charge Notice by CP Plus on behalf of the Trust.
Parking Charge Notice
A Parking Charge Notice is £40.00 and is reduced to £15.00 if payment is made within 14 days.
This information was correct at time of publication. Please refer to pay machines and signage as well as information from Wards and Departments for further details.
Our car parking arrangements have been developed in the context of good practice guidance published by the Department of Health – “Health Technical Memorandum 07-03 NHS car parking management: environment and sustainability. 2015 edition”.
Please email your completed form to email@example.com.
Copies of the form are also available on request from the car park kiosks at both sites and can be returned to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at either hospital.
The introduction of the exclusion zone is intended to:
- Promote active travel
- Reduce demand on staff car parking space
- Support the principles of good corporate citizenship, and Improve the Trust’s environmental impact
The Trust advocates active and sustainable travel modes.
- We operate a staff lift sharing scheme
- We supply free secure cycle parking and modern changing/shower facilities at both hospital sites and we can help with personal travel planning. For more information please contact GreenerTravels@sath.nhs.uk
- The Trusts Policy for Staff Car Parking (W20) can be found on the Trust’s intranet policy page.
Upon applying for a parking permit, a staff member will be prompted to declare whether they reside within the exclusion zone. There may be certain circumstances that can be taken into consideration.
For further information, please contact: the Facilities Management Office, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 8XQ or email firstname.lastname@example.org