11 January 2019
The following information is from our partners at Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
Become a Patient Representative on Shropshire CCG’s Care Closer to Home Programme Board and use your knowledge and experience to help develop local health services.
NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is currently seeking a Patient Representative to join the Shropshire Care Closer to Home Programme Board.
The Shropshire Care Closer to Home Programme Board is responsible for looking at how existing services might be provided differently and more efficiently, co-ordinating and integrating care. The programme aims to give people in Shropshire access to the care they need closer to where they live, either in their own home or in the community.
If you live in Shropshire and have experience of using NHS services then the CCG wants to hear from you.
Dr Finola Lynch, Joint Chair for the Shropshire Care Closer to Home Programme Board at the CCG, said: “Patients are at the heart of everything we do and we make decisions about health services based on the feedback we get. The Patient Representative role is an important one and will help us to ensure the services we redesign as part of the Shropshire Care Closer to Home Programme are ones that residents need and can access.”
For this voluntary role as the Patient Representative on the Shropshire Care Close to Home Programme Board, the CCG is looking for someone who:
- Lives in the County and has experience of NHS services in Shropshire, or a local carer of someone using NHS services in Shropshire.
- An ability to work with senior health and social care professionals.
- Has experience and understanding of the community and voluntary sector in Shropshire.
- Can take part in discussions on agenda items and act as an ambassador for the patient and public voice, working alongside other Programme Board members as equals.
- Has the ability to champion the diversity of patients’ views and not just represent their own experience.
- Can understand and evaluate a range of information and evidence.
- Respect the need for confidentiality.
- Can attend 80% of the monthly meetings, which are held during the day at William Farr House, Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury.
If you would like to become the Patient Representative, please write a letter stating why you are interested and what you would bring to this voluntary role as well as contact details.
All letters of expression of interest will be reviewed by a panel, which will include representatives from the CCG, and shortlisted candidates may be invited to take part in an informal chat.
Anyone interested in becoming a Patient Representative must submit their letter by 5pm on Thursday, 31 January 2019, to Barrie Reis-Seymour, Commissioning and Redesign Lead – Shropshire Care Closer to Home, NHS Shropshire CCG.
Post: NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group, William Farr House, Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 8XL.