29 August 2019
Two community engagement events are being held next month for residents served by Shropshire’s two acute hospitals.
SaTH is hosting the Community Working Together sessions on 3 and 5 September in Telford and Shrewsbury.
Residents will be able to hear about what the Trust is doing following last year’s CQC inspection and the work that is taking place to move out of special measures. The Lead for Patient Experience at SaTH, Ruth Smith, will also be hosting a workshop focusing on patient strategy. The two events are being held on:
- Tuesday 3 September 2019 – 10am until 12noon – Meeting Point House, Telford
- Thursday 5 September 2019 – 10am until 12noon – Hamar Centre, RSH
The agenda includes:
- Urgent Care Update (including A&E)
- NHS Long Term Plan
- Patient strategy
- CQC and special measures update
- Questions from the community
The meetings are open to everyone living in the areas served by both hospitals. Anyone who would like to sign up can do so via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/the-shrewsbury-and-telford-hospital-nhs-trust-24564280682
Two further events are planned for December when Medical Director, Dr Arne Rose, will give an update on medical staffing and his first six months with the Trust. They will be held on:
- Tuesday 3 December 2019 – 10am until 12noon – Meeting Point House, Telford
- Thursday 5 December 2019 – 10am until 12noon – Hamar Centre, RSH
Kate Ballinger, Community Engagement Facilitator for SaTH, said: “We are committed to working with our communities to make sure we deliver the best healthcare for people living in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and Mid Wales.
“These Community Working Together meetings in Telford and Shrewsbury are open to everyone who wants to come along and find out what is happening at their hospitals. They will also be able to talk to the team about anything that they think we need to know.”