Ward 26 Urology and Vascular Surgery
Welcome to Ward 26
Ward 26 is a 36 bedded surgical ward, that mainly specialises in Urology and Vascular surgery. The ward is divided into 6 bays and 4 side rooms, one of which has en-suite facilities. Male and female patients will be nursed in separate bays and there are also separate, newly refurbished, washing and toilet facilities. We encourage patients to bring in their own clothes, nightclothes and washing kit. Please speak to a member of staff before bringing children on the ward.
When visiting us at the ward we politely ask;
- That you make sure mobile phones are on silent.
- You avoid bringing flowers onto the ward due to hygiene reasons.
- Visitors avoid sitting on patient beds.
- There are no more than two visitors at a bedside.
- Chairs are put away at the end of each visit.
- Hand rub that is located on the main ward door is used when entering and leaving the ward. This is an important infection control measure.
If you are admitted to one of our hospitals and would like some guidance about your stay, please visit our staying with us page.
For general enquiries please contact:
Tel: 01743 261000
For job enquiries please contact:
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Ward Manager: Carol Bulger
Matron: Debbie Millington
Please note that we will ask you to leave between 5pm and 6pm for meal times.
“Great care and kindness shown by all members of staff.”
“Staff brilliant and professional. Nothing too much trouble, even with difficult patients.”
“All the staff were extremely caring and made such a difference to my stay. Thank you all very much.”