The Chronic Pain Service

The Chronic Pain Service at SaTH is a Consultant led service. We specialise in chronic and acute spine pain as well as early stages of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Our acute spine pain service includes the treatment of disc disease, facet joints pain, spinal stenosis, coccyx pain, failed back surgery syndrome, cervicogenic headaches and others.

We provide consultations in clinics, clinical examination, diagnosis and treatments.

We offer a wide range of interventional pain management including epidural injections, radiofrequency nerve ablation, nerve blocks, diagnostic blocks and sympathetic blocks.

We cooperate with a community based Pain Service as well as with several national pain centres to which we refer our patients with more complex pain problems.

We believe that our patients deserve proper diagnosis of their condition where possible, followed by safe, evidence based treatment when applicable, provided by experienced Consultants in Pain Medicine.

Useful Links

British Pain Society providing information that may be of use to people living with pain.

PainUK  – help and advice for people living with chronic pain