These sessions are designed to provide support throughout treatment and beyond.
The Macmillan Living With and Beyond Programme invites you to join one of our free living well sessions.
The Macmillan Living With and Beyond Cancer Programme invites you to our online Living Well At Home sessions.
The sessions are practical and informative. Anyone affected by cancer can take part – patients at any stage of their treatment and care, family members, friends or carers.
During these challenging times our online sessions will give you the information and support you need. By talking to other people in similar situations you will feel less isolated and alone.
Our sessions offer:
- Useful information to help you with four common concerns (fatigue, physical activity, nutrition and emotional wellbeing)
- Opportunities to share ideas and tips for safe self –management
- Signposting to local and national services to get the right support when you need it most
Get the help and support you need from the comfort and safety of your own home
Upcoming online sessions will be run via Microsoft Teams. They all run 10:30am – 12:00pm and the dates for February are:
- Fatigue and Physical Activity – 11 and 22 Feb
- Emotional Wellbeing and Nutrition – 12 and 24 Feb
For more information or to book a place, please contact Leah Morgan on email@example.com or 01743 492 424.
To take part you will need :
• An email address
• A smart phone with sound and visuals or laptop which should have a webcam. The session will use a Microsoft Teams Video Call which is free, secure and protects your privacy. We will send you simple instructions and call you before the session to help you to take part.
Before Covid we invited people to attend our community based Living Well sessions. Over 250 people benefited from these very successful and popular sessions.
Now we cannot meet face to face so we are delighted to offer our new online Living Well At Home sessions. We want the new sessions to be as useful, friendly and supportive as our previous face to face sessions.
The sessions enable you to benefit from the knowledge and experience of professionals, other patients, family members and carers.
Here are some comments from others who have previously benefited from Living Well sessions:
“Excellent session – thank you. Good to hear other people’s accounts and experiences. You are not alone!”
“Brilliant and most useful”
“Really informative and interactive. Comforting in being with likeminded people who share similar concerns”
“ I am a carer so found the event very useful for me and my wife”
“Was lucky to meet other family members to talk about how we help our relatives, partners and ourselves to cope”
“Excellent speakers .Good to have a patient story and hear from people at different stages of treatment”
“Very informative and informal Lots of useful tips and information, Well worth taking part”
“Excellent session – warm and welcoming. Very practical”