Welcome to SaTH Radiology. Radiology is the branch of medicine specialising in the use of imaging to diagnose and treat disease seen within the body.
What We Do
Radiographers and Radiologists use a variety of imaging techniques such as X-ray, Non-Obstetric Ultrasound, CT, Nuclear Medicine and MRI in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
We provide imaging services at:
- The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
- The Princess Royal Hospital Telford
- Whitchurch Community Hospital
- Newport Cottage Care Centre
- Hollinswood House Community Diagnostic Centre Telford
Some services are also provided by the Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust at:
- Ludlow Community Hospital
- Bridgnorth Community Hospital
We aim to offer you great experience and welcome your feedback to help us improve; please take the time to complete one of our feedback forms during your visit to us. Should our service fall below satisfactory in any aspect during your visit, please follow the Trust’s complaints procedure via the PALS team who will link with us for a full response.
Please be aware that we are a training site for undergraduate Radiographers and Radiologists supporting local Universities.
Carers and Visitors
If you feel you need support you are welcome to bring a friend or family member, however due to limited space within the departments if you can attend alone, please do so. Please be advised that we do not offer child-care facilities. For certain procedures, we will enquire if you require a chaperone.
We would be grateful if you could advise us of any specific requirements before your visit. Our contact numbers will take you to a member of the clerical team who will take your initial enquiry should you require specific information or support from a member of our dedicated teams.
Access to Health Records
The Radiology department cannot provide copies of imaging to patients. Please contact the Request for Information Team (Legal Department) to arrange access.
Please note that access is given via a secure link to the Image Exchange Portal where you can download a digital copy of the required images. Physical (printed film) or digital images burnt to disc are no longer provided.
Telephone: 01952 641222 ext. 4323 / 4413 / 3593
RFI Website: https://www.sath.nhs.uk/patients-visitors/advice-support/access-to-medical-records/
The Radiology Management Team
- Dr Marie Metelko – Radiology Clinical Director
- Emma Weaver – Radiology Centre Manager
- Alison Allwood – Deputy Radiology Centre Manager
- Helen Williams – Lead Superintendent Radiographer (RSH)
- Janette McCloud – Lead Superintendent Radiographer (PRH)
- Laura Lewis – Lead Superintendent Sonographer (Ultrasound)
- Cat Rowlands – Lead Superintendent Radiographer (Breast Imaging)
- Graham Bannister-Kelly – Lead Consultant Radiographer
- Satinder Bains – Lead Advanced Practice Radiographer
- Karla Jennings-Preece – Operational Manager (CDC)
- Anna Emlyn – Radiology Office Manager
- Paula Reynolds – Radiology Governance Lead
- Daniel Jenkins – Radiology Systems Manager
- Will Tudor – Assistant Operations Manager
Please use the iRefer site for guidance on patient pathways and imaging requirements. Please note that a subscription is required to view the guidelines. SaTH referrers can access the site from any SaTH PC without individual subscription.