Ward 21 Postnatal
Welcome to Ward 21 Postnatal
The Postnatal Ward is the only Consultant-Led unit in within the Shropshire and Telford area. The ward cares for mothers and babies that have additional risk facts that require regular monitoring. This may include caring for women after C-Section deliveries or those that need more complex care, and supporting with general care and feeding.
In February 2018 the team were proud to be awarded the first “Diamond” Exemplar Ward status. You can read more about this in our SaTH news article.
When visiting us at the ward we politely ask;
- That no children come on to the ward apart from siblings.
- That you make sure mobile phones are on silent.
- Visitors avoid sitting on patient beds.
- There are no more than three visitors at a bedside.
- Chairs are put away at the end of each visit.
- Hand rub that is located on the main ward door is used when entering and leaving the ward. This is an important infection control measure.
If you are admitted to one of our hospitals and would like some guidance about your stay, please visit our staying with us page.
For general enquiries please contact
Tel: 01952 565921
Princess Royal Hospital, Telford
Ward Manager: Annette Barton
Matron: Jill Whitaker
Other 2.00-4.00pm | 6.30pm-8.30pm.
Please note: visiting with children is strictly siblings only. No Other Children under 16 are to visit during inpatient stays.
“Everyone has been amazing, I cannot fault any one of the many people who have helped me and my newborn. Thank you all so much”
“Absolutely wonderful experience. Staff are lovely, warm and welcoming from Antenatal, Delivery and Postnatal. Nothing was too much to ask – thank you!”
“I have been beyond happy with the care of my son and myself. The staff have been amazing – above and beyond kind”