The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust is committed to improving the environment for our local communities. We have a finite number of car parking spaces at each hospital site and staff are encouraged to leave their vehicle at home wherever possible. You are not automatically entitled to a permit to park if you live within a one mile radius of your hospital base, unless an exception applies to your circumstances. You can read more about this on the intranet.
The exclusion zone is currently set at a one mile radius of each hospital site, but the Trust will review this from time to time and may adjust this distance. For finer detail, please see our exclusion zone maps for The Princess Royal Hospital or Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.
The introduction of the exclusion zone is intended to:
- Promote active travel
- Reduce demand on staff car parking space
- Support the principles of good corporate citizenship, and Improve the Trust’s environmental impact
The Trust advocates active and sustainable travel modes.
- We operate a staff lift sharing scheme
- We supply free secure cycle parking and modern changing/shower facilities at both hospital sites and we can help with personal travel planning. For more information please contact email@example.com
- The Trusts Policy for Staff Car Parking (W20) can be found on the Trust’s intranet policy page.
Upon applying for a parking permit, a staff member will be prompted to declare whether they reside within the exclusion zone. There may be certain circumstances that can be taken into consideration.
You can apply for a permit through the Car Parking app on the intranet – you will need to be using a computer within the Trust to access this. If you are a member of our bank staff, the recruitment team will also help with your application at your pre-employment check. You will be asked to pay a £45 upfront fee when your start date is agreed and this will cover 12 months of parking.
For further information, please contact: the Facilities Management Office, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 8XQ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Car Parking Application Form
Exclusion Zone Appeal Form