The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust aims to deliver healthcare services that are fair to all users. The services delivered should be appropriate to everyone’s needs regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race including nationality and ethnicity, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Trust is committed to ensuring:
- an environment in which patients, visitors and employees are treated with consideration, dignity and respect, free from harassment and intimidation.
- patients and visitors do not suffer detriment, disadvantage or unequal treatment for any of the above reasons
- employees and job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of any of the above reasons
For further information, see Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
Equality is about ensuring that all people are treated fairly and equally and that any decisions made are based on objective relevant criteria.
Diversity is about recognising and valuing the different contributions that all patients, carers, visitors, staff and volunteers can bring to the organisation.
Inclusion is about creating an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued, enabling them to actively engage with us as a Trust.
Equality Delivery System (EDS2)
The Trust uses the NHS Equality Delivery System assessment in conjunction with partners and stakeholders to help us assess our performance in Equality and Diversity for service users and staff as well as identifying specific areas for focus and improvement. This will provide the basis of Trust Equality Objectives and an action plan and these will be published on this website (see below). Our Equality Objectives are grouped under the themes of:
- Better health outcomes
- Improved patient access and experience
- A representative and supported workforce
- Inclusive leadership
In November 2018, Trust Board approved the attached Workforce EDS2 report and action plan and in April 2019 approved our Service Delivery EDS2 Report and action plan. In 2019-20 these will be updated and combined into a single report for the Trust .