Speciality Patient Experience Groups are being established to drive patient experience initiatives at a local level. The groups will work with services across the speciality to improve patient experience in the area, including:
– How the service responds and learns from feedback
– Identifying trends to inform work and help improve services
– Represent the patient voice, providing insight from a patient perspective
This is an exciting opportunity for patients or carers who have accessed services within the Trust during 2021 & 2022 to get involved. As a result of their recent experience, they will be able to offer valuable insight and a unique perspective on service development and improvement.
Please note – successful applicants will need to go through volunteer checks and induction which include:
- Obtaining 2 references
- Completion of a Covid-19 risk assessment
- Occupational Health clearance
- A DBS check (for people over 16 years of age)
- Parental consent (if under 18 years of age)
- A young persons risk assessment (if under 18 years of age)
- 12 mandatory eLearning modules that cover volunteer induction
- Attend the Peoples Academy within the first 12 months
If you can commit approximately three hours a month to support the work and are interested in learning more, please get in touch or apply below.
Closure date for applications is 30th June 2022
Download application form here – Speciality Patient Experience Groups Application Form
Once completed, return to email address below or mail to:
Patient Experience Team,
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Mytton Oak Road
If you have any questions about the Speciality Patient Experience Groups, please contact the Patient Experience Team.
Contact: 01743 261000 extension 3032