The Chair of a Trust Board is a non-executive appointment, accountable to the Secretary of State for Health for giving leadership to the Board and ensuring that it fulfils its full responsibilities. The Chair ensures that the Board:
- provides efficient and effective healthcare
- maintains financial viability
- meets legal and contractual obligations.
The Chair of The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust is Dr Catriona McMahon.
Every NHS Trust Board must have a majority of lay people on the Board, including the Chairman and Non-Executive Directors. They are appointed from the local community served by the Trust, and their responsibilities include:
- helping the board to work in the public interest and keep its patients and the public properly informed
- helping to plan for the future to improve healthcare services
- making sure that the management team meets its performance targets
- making sure that the finances of the organisation are managed properly, with accurate information.
Each Non-Executive Director also brings individual skills and personal experience of their community and the NHS to guide the work of the Trust.
The Non-Executive Directors of The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust are:
- Teresa Boughey
- David Brown
- Prof Trevor Purt
- Raj Dhaliwal
- Rosi Edwards
- Richard Miner
- Dr Tim Lyttle (Associate)
The Executive Directors are experts led by a Chief Executive. Each Executive has their own clinical/functional responsibilities (e.g. medical, finance) as well as being a corporate member of the Board
The Chief Executive of the Trust is Louise Barnett.
The Executive Directors of the Trust Board are:
- Dr John Jones – Medical Director
- Hayley Flavell – Director of Nursing
- Helen Troalen – Finance Director
- Sara Biffen – Acting Chief Operating Officer
- Rhia Boyode – Director of People and Organisational Development
- Anna Milanec – Director of Governance and Communications/Company Secretary
- Nigel Lee – Interim Director of Strategy & Partnerships
- Inese Robotham – Assistant Chief Executive
SaTH “Who’s Who”
Responsibilities of the Trust Board and How We Are Regulated