Macmillan Haematology Unit
Welcome to the Macmillan Haematology Unit
Please note: under national guidelines there are currently restrictions on people visiting our hospitals. Please see our Coronavirus page for more information.
We strongly request that if you have had a cough or a cold recently that you do not visit the unit, in order to protect our more vulnerable patients. If you are unsure about whether it is appropriate for you to visit then please contact us or speak to a nurse.
When visiting us at the ward we politely ask;
- That you make sure mobile phones are on silent.
- You avoid bringing flowers onto the ward due to hygiene reasons.
- Visitors avoid sitting on patient beds.
- There are no more than two visitors at a bedside.
- Chairs are put away at the end of each visit.
- Hand rub that is located on the main ward door is used when entering and leaving the ward. This is an important infection control measure.
If you are admitted to one of our hospitals and would like some guidance about your stay, please visit our staying with us page.