Children’s Assessment Unit, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Welcome to the Childrens Assessment Unit (CAU)
Please note: this is not a drop in centre – you will normally be referred to the CAU if your GP or other health professional has assessed your child and has referred you to us.
When visiting us at the ward we politely ask;
- That you make sure mobile phones are on silent.
- Visitors avoid sitting on patient beds.
- There are no more than two visitors at a bedside.
- Chairs are put away at the end of each visit.
- Hand rub that is located on the main ward door is used when entering and leaving the ward. This is an important infection control measure.
If you are admitted to one of our hospitals and would like some guidance about your stay, please visit our staying with us page.
For general enquiries please contact:
Tel: 01743 261000
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Ward Manager: Lisa Gilks
Matron: Emma Dodson
Open access for parents/carers. Food is not available on the ward, however please see our restaurants and shops page for information on where to purchase refreshments.