Ward 29 – Acute Medical Unit, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Welcome to Ward 29 Acute Medical Unit
Where possible, please try to avoid phoning the department between 7am and 10am, as that is when we are busiest. Please speak to a member of staff before bringing children on the ward.
When visiting us at the ward we politely ask;
- That you make sure mobile phones are on silent.
- You avoid bringing flowers onto the ward due to hygiene reasons.
- Visitors avoid sitting on patient beds.
- There are no more than two visitors at a bedside.
- Chairs are put away at the end of each visit.
- Hand rub that is located on the main ward door is used when entering and leaving the ward. This is an important infection control measure.
If you are admitted to one of our hospitals and would like some guidance about your stay, please visit our staying with us page.
For general enquiries please contact:
Tel: 01743 261000
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Ward Manager: Hannah Pope
Matron: Vanessa Roberts
Open visiting, however you may be asked to leave a bay at certain times for a short period due to doctors rounds/meal times/privacy for other patients. We grant 24/7 access to the following; visiting for patients with special needs, patients under 18, patients who are confused/distressed, acutely ill patients.